This Error happen after change password database on your DB SRM, Please do this step as below :
Please check event viewer :
Is it show this message : “DBManager error: Could not initialize Vdb connection: ODBC error: (28000) – [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0][SQL Server]Login failed for user ‘your db user name’. ”
Then Make Sure your setting in odbc connectivity to the VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager database:
- Verify if the system DSN is configured to connect to the right SQL instance and that it points to the SRM database.
- Ensure that the ODBC connection is 32-bit.
- On a 32 bit machine, click Start > Programs > Administrative Tools > Data Sources (ODBC).
- On a 64 bit machine, browse to %systemroot%\sysWOW64\ and click odbcad32.exe.
- Ensure the appropriate credentials are used to access the database.
- The SRM database can reside either on the same machine where the SRM is installed or on a remote host. If the database is hosted remotely, SQL authentication must be used.
- Test if ODBC connectivity is successful.Note: There is an option to test connectivity to the database when you edit the DSN or reconfigure.
- we do with tools of SRM, open CMD, cd \ C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager\bin>
- Do Command on above CMD –> installcreds.exe -key db:new_SRM_DSN -u Admin_user
- Start service on SRM server